Friday, November 16, 2007

House of Sushi

House of Sushi is the best restaurant to eat at if you want sushi. It's located on Belmont and Ashland, right across from the bank where I used to work at. Whether you are a sushi lover or not you should check this place out. It offers a sushi buffet (minimum of 2 people) for $14.95 I think. It's the only place my girlfriend trusts because she got food poisoning from another Sushi restaurant before (although she avoids raw foods in general now). I eat the raw stuff, they all taste good to me. My favorite is the Godzilla (yeah the names are funky but they tell you all the ingredients don't worry). After you place your first 3 types of sushi (round 1), they bring you an appetizer of tempura carrots and beans and a hot soup-drink thing, all delicious and good but I try not to eat it because I think its a plot to get you full so you don't eat too much sushi. I'm just kidding but I really do try and save as much room as possible. The only thing about this restaurant is that they charge $5 if you don't finish everything off your plate, which I understand, they don't want to waste food-big Asian thing, plus sushi isn't cheap). Just once I was so stuffed (and thats usually how you leave that restaurant being so full and it's not that good feeling full either, more of I'm going to explode full), that I wrapped up the 2 sushis that we could not finish in a napkin and stuffed it quickly in my girlfriend's purse. Oh and another thing, yeah it may be $15 for a buffet, minimum of 2 persons, so you think you can pull a quick one if you come with 3 people and just order two buffets and a little thing supposedly for the 3rd person. But they tell you straight out, "you 2 can't share with him/her". And if thats not enough they walk back and forth to subtly check on you. Then that poor 3rd person can't even enjoy those delicious sushis because he's more concerned with not getting caught and just stuffing them in his mouth. Bad sushi experience, and yes I am talking from experience. But all this oddities aside, everyone should try this place out it'll get you craving sushi. I'm actually craving sushi myself now. But I love this place, glad it's in Chicago, bringing in the diversity- all the time.

No comments: