Monday, November 19, 2007

Chicken Fever!

I'm a big fan of chicken, especially fried chicken and sauced up chicken. Three place that I visit a lot for my fix. One, the basic fried chicken. Popeyes is a good supply for my fix for the longest time until I found out about a small chain near and around Humboldt Park called Best Sub. Unfortunately I don't live around this area so I can get it usually when I'm around my friend's house. Don't get me wrong about Popeyes. Their chicken is delicious and cheap but I don;t think anyone can beat Best Subs chicken or it's cost. For $3.25, you get two jumbo legs, a wing (I'm salvating right now), a slab of garlic bread, and some fries. It's a heart attack waiting to happen if you eat it but it's so good...and cheap! The one that I like to go to is on Central and Fullerton becuase it's near my friend's house compared to the other ones.
Another chicken place I enjoy is on Lawrence and Ainslie. It's called Great Seas. It's a Chinese restaurant but is known for the chicken that they serve. It's sort of like wings but they are shaped in a wierd way. Some are legs, while the wings, they have removed one of the bones and cut the lower part off to make it look like a drumstick. The sauce is the key component to this dish. It is syrupy, sweet, and very spicy. In truth, a batch of about 19 pieces is $12.00, and I probably have invested about $1,500 solely on chicken for the past 4 years.

No comments: